Check out some of our frequently asked questions regarding your order, deposit, deliveries and pick ups. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us directly. Customer feedback is the lifeblood of our business!
- The order form isn't working for me. What should I do?
Our order form should work in all modern browsers, specifically:
Google Chrome 7+
Microsoft Edge 25+
Internet Explorer 10+
If you’re using an older browser, you may want to think about updating.
If for whatever reason you’re still having trouble with the form, please contact us. Let us know the browser you tried using and the version of it and we’ll try our best to sort it out.
- I missed my Coldex delivery! What do I do now?
Sorry we missed you! Not to worry. Coldex will be back on your campus to give it another try within a couple days. We will send you an email with the time and date of our next delivery. Remember! You can always have a friend/roommate sign the contract on your behalf if you cannot make our next delivery!
- I am moving out early or leaving school. What should I do?
Email Coldex immediately. The unit may not be transferred to another person or moved to another room without our prior written consent. Movement without consent is treated as theft. If you move out and don’t notify Coldex at least 24 hours prior, you will continue to be responsible for the unit until it is picked up or recovered.
- I did not get my deposit back. What happened?
In 2016, 86% of students received their deposits back. If you did not receive your deposit back, it could be for several reasons:
- You must complete a deposit return request form to ensure that Coldex has up to date and accurate information. No deposits are returned without this completed!
- If you did not clean your unit as per instructions provided. The unit MUST be fully clean, dry and defrosted. No water can be inside the unit.
- The unit was not in the room it was delivered to.
- Your account was outstanding.
- Parts were missing.
- The unit was moved to another room without authorization.
- Your deposit cheque was returned to us.
- You provided a different name than was on the credit card you used to order.
- I am nearing the end of my rental term. What should I do?
Click on your school logo for pickup/cleaning procedures. Coldex will also be sending you an email you outlining the procedures on how to properly clean the refrigerator and to ensure Coldex retains possession at the end of the rental term. To avoid a $25.00 cleaning charge, simply follow the instructions in our deposit information section. If you wish to extend your rental term, please email Coldex immediately for further information.
- What if I have a problem with one of your rental products?
Check the power supply. If the refrigerator/freezer is plugged into a power bar or extension cord, try plugging it directly into the wall outlet. Make sure that the temperature control (located inside the fridge or on the back, or on the side of the freezer) is turned on. Ensure that there are 4” on each side of the fridge or freezer, including in the back, to allow the air to circulate properly. If the door won’t close, there may be a shelf that is not in the correct slot. If all else fails, contact Coldex immediately so we can send one of our representatives over as soon as possible to remedy the problem.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Visa, Visa-Debit Card and MasterCard.
- What is included in the price of the rental product?
The price of our rental product includes delivery, pick-up, servicing, the refundable $25.00 cleaning deposit and HST.